News from Small Press Network’s latest newsletter…
We recently announced the six books shortlisted for this year’s SPN Book of the Year Award (plus two titles that received honourable mentions from the judges).
- The Branded (Jo Riccioni, Pantera)
- Our Members Be Unlimited (Sam Wallman, Scribe)
- Paradise (Point of Transmission) (Andrew Sutherland, Fremantle Press)
- Against Disappearance: Essays on Memory (ed. by Leah Jing McIntosh & Adolfo Aranjuez, Liminal/Pantera)
- Mabu Mabu (Nornie Bero, Hardie Grant)
- Losing Face (George Haddad, UQP).
Honourable mentions go to Lockdown (Chip Le Grand, Monash University Press) and This All Come Back Now: An Anthology of First Nations Speculative Fiction (ed. by Mykaela Saunders, UQP).
The winner will be announced on Friday 24 November. The award event will be hosted by the Wheeler Centre as part of their ‘Next Big Thing’ series