Famous Reporter 30
- SUSAN AUSTIN
There is a pause in the monopoly
- as you watch in disbelief.
- My features rapidly slip away,
- body following a neat series of
- skin and tissue sliding
- as I disintegrate into a sticky
- sucked up quickly by the thirsty
- A sickening silence as you try
I know what this means -
- Now when you walk all over me,
- I won't feel a thing.
grew up in Maryborough, Queensland, and has been writing poetry since the age of eight.
She has published poetry in the University of Queensland publications Semper and Heretical
as well as The Fraser Coast Chronical and Green Left Weekly, for whom
she also writes news and social issues articles. She studied Irish and American poetry in
Dublin last year and has recently settled in Hobart, where she works as an occupational
therapist and is active in the movements for social change.